Cannibal Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

noise machines (this is the thread for masturbatory setup pics)

5 posters

Go down

noise machines (this is the thread for masturbatory setup pics) Empty noise machines (this is the thread for masturbatory setup pics)

Post  gordon Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:21 pm

today i taped a bunch of contact mics to my drum kit, patched them all into a delay and ring mod, and made a feedback loop by placing a 15" Ampeg combo right in front of me. i can't record it right now, though, because it is so loud you can hear it 2 blocks down the street. i wish i lived in the middle of nowhere instead of right downtown.
gordon
gordon
Admin

http://gordon.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

noise machines (this is the thread for masturbatory setup pics) Empty Re: noise machines (this is the thread for masturbatory setup pics)

Post  what? Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:31 pm

tell your neighbors you are doing some remodeling and that they might hear some loud noises sometimes...
what?
what?

Back to top Go down

noise machines (this is the thread for masturbatory setup pics) Empty Re: noise machines (this is the thread for masturbatory setup pics)

Post  gordon Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:34 pm

about 2 houses north of me is a fan, actually. it's an old hippie lady in her 60's. everyone else probably wants to rip my throat out.
gordon
gordon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  what? Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:38 pm

gordon wrote:it's an old hippie lady in her 60's.

sweet, get her to bring all her geriatric friends to your shows...
what?
what?

Back to top Go down

Post  crochambeau Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:57 pm

Why are there no pics thus far?

noise machines (this is the thread for masturbatory setup pics) Museum
crochambeau
crochambeau

Back to top Go down

Post  crochambeau Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:00 pm

Or, even better, the set-up behind the set-up....

noise machines (this is the thread for masturbatory setup pics) Bench-1
crochambeau
crochambeau

Back to top Go down

Post  Davey_Daath666 Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:47 am

crochambeau wrote:Why are there no pics thus far?

noise machines (this is the thread for masturbatory setup pics) Museum

I'm jealous
Davey_Daath666
Davey_Daath666

http://www.myspace.com/bleedingoutthedemons

Back to top Go down

Post  QUEERBAIT Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:40 am

noise machines (this is the thread for masturbatory setup pics) Pedald_color

Color-coded, fuckers...
QUEERBAIT
QUEERBAIT

Back to top Go down

Post  gordon Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:31 am

power driver? that's a new one. what does it do exactly?
gordon
gordon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  QUEERBAIT Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:56 pm

It only cost me 27 bucks!

It is an OD/Distortion that came out the same time as the Xtortion (I think '96 or '97?)... Really interesting mid-rangey distortion, but incredibly noisy (in the bad way!)...

Still, I like it a lot as it adds a unique tone/texture to the end of chains.

Reviewed here: http://www.noiseguide.com/product_info/boss_power_driver_pw2
QUEERBAIT
QUEERBAIT

Back to top Go down

Post  gordon Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:23 am

looks... interesting. i already have too many distortion/od pedals, but one more especially at 27 dollars would not be a bad deal.

however i've never seen one in person.
gordon
gordon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Davey_Daath666 Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:59 pm

i'll probably be recording later today and if I do I'll take pics and share.

nothing exciting like curtis's setup but it'll be shared regardless
Davey_Daath666
Davey_Daath666

http://www.myspace.com/bleedingoutthedemons

Back to top Go down

Post  QUEERBAIT Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:56 pm

gordon wrote:looks... interesting. i already have too many distortion/od pedals, but one more especially at 27 dollars would not be a bad deal.

however i've never seen one in person.

I'm taking a math class this semester... I've failed the first two tests miserably, and I'm going to fail tomorrow's, so I am going to be all mopey for the next couple of days (haha), and I am already behind on several pedal demos I've been meaning to make for people who've requested them, but, if I feel up to it by Wed. afternoon, I may demo it in a Youtube video if you like...
QUEERBAIT
QUEERBAIT

Back to top Go down

Post  gordon Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:30 am

here's some damn pictures. i just threw everything in a pile.

noise machines (this is the thread for masturbatory setup pics) I8x3P
noise machines (this is the thread for masturbatory setup pics) DMCyM
gordon
gordon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  QUEERBAIT Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:56 am

Pretty.
but damn, those keys are squashed up against the wall... how does anyone get back there?!

Also, I meant to ask, how you be likin' yur Bass Limiter pedal? How you be usin' it an' such? Would you say it works better than a compressor for "leveling"?

...and why would u wanna limit yr bass? *PUMP UP THA JAM! PUMP IT UP...*
QUEERBAIT
QUEERBAIT

Back to top Go down

Post  gordon Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:37 pm

the raytownian wrote:Pretty.
but damn, those keys are squashed up against the wall... how does anyone get back there?!

Also, I meant to ask, how you be likin' yur Bass Limiter pedal? How you be usin' it an' such? Would you say it works better than a compressor for "leveling"?

...and why would u wanna limit yr bass? *PUMP UP THA JAM! PUMP IT UP...*

well the keys are about 18 inches away, there's room if you move some of the guitars.

i like the limiter a lot. actually i rarely if ever use it for bass, i used to put it before a fuzz pedal but it was just a hassle to keep setting up all the time. i usually put it at the end of a chain if i'm expecting it to feed back, like contact mics through one of the amps. the enhancer circuit does some nice shrieky things too. i prefer it to a compressor because it has a more or less instantaneous attack and release.
gordon
gordon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  QUEERBAIT Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:35 pm

gordon wrote:actually i rarely if ever use it for bass

Do you think I would? haw-haw.

Anyway, I didn't really pay attention the the angle of the wall... but I'm a fatso, so it may still be hard for me if I were to get behind it.
QUEERBAIT
QUEERBAIT

Back to top Go down

Post  what? Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:31 pm

i have this old lamp thing, used to have two plastc sleeves one inside the other with dolphins on it, and they would spin in opposite directions, was pretty GAY so i trashed them, and now i want to noise up the base which has a motor and gear box which turns two wheels and on which sits a clear tube with a top on it, like a blender looking sort of thing, so im thinking about what to fill it with to get the most noise, now the wheels turn real slow, maybe 2 rpm, and move in different directions, so there are great possibilities, any suggestions on a filling?
what?
what?

Back to top Go down

Post  QUEERBAIT Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:45 pm

What a Face

Maybe some small gravel, if the motor has enough torque to move it?

I guess it may need to be light-weight materials, though... If you have any bits of shrapnel/foil, that could potentially sound cool... maybe some scrap bits of glass/broken shards?

Beer bottle caps?

BONES?

IDK, but I'd like to hear it whenever you get done with it.
QUEERBAIT
QUEERBAIT

Back to top Go down

Post  what? Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:50 pm

well, i think the motor is pretty strong actually, why IDK, but yeah the glass thing i already thought of, but the bones and bottle caps sound interesting, i also have some jingle bells lying around, and there is a minimum size for objects or they will jam the mechanism...
what?
what?

Back to top Go down

Post  QUEERBAIT Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:54 pm

what? wrote:well, i think the motor is pretty strong actually, why IDK, but yeah the glass thing i already thought of, but the bones and bottle caps sound interesting, i also have some jingle bells lying around, and there is a minimum size for objects or they will jam the mechanism...

Bah... I guess silica beads are out of the question...
QUEERBAIT
QUEERBAIT

Back to top Go down

Post  what? Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:58 pm

yeah, totally... what i think i might do is mic it up and just experiment with different ingredients, maybe have buckets full of shit that can be switched out to keep it fresh...
what?
what?

Back to top Go down

Post  QUEERBAIT Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:00 pm

what? wrote:yeah, totally... what i think i might do is mic it up and just experiment with different ingredients, maybe have buckets full of shit that can be switched out to keep it fresh...

Sounds good...

How about small wood scraps?
QUEERBAIT
QUEERBAIT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down