NOISE FREE FOR ALL ON NINJAM THIS SATURDAY? HMMMM?

Go down

NOISE FREE FOR ALL ON NINJAM THIS SATURDAY? HMMMM?

Post  QUEERBAIT on Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:58 pm

Intelligent Machinery is DEAD (for a while now), and the monthly NFFA events on NINJAM they used to host have been dead even longer...

Do any of you think you would be interested? Do you have a fast enough connection? Do you expect me to host/document this shit? Because I'm lazy, and I totally don't want to be responsible for that...

I'm way too fucking bored with doing shit myself, and this could make things interesting.

I would be down with having a big fucking Noise/"Experimental" circle jerk this Fri/Sat night, or any other time all interested parties can agree on.

BYOB, and expect lots of anonymous users with guitars who like prog rock and jazz to show up and bitch about how "this shit sucks" or attempt to "JAM" over the top of it!

I haven't used NINJAM in ages, so I don't know what it's like now, or if it's got a new interface or anything.
QUEERBAIT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NOISE FREE FOR ALL ON NINJAM THIS SATURDAY? HMMMM?

Post  what? on Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:58 pm

this seems like a cool idea, but with our shitty comp the only noise you might hear is it starting on fire, still, might be worth trying...
what?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QUEERBAIT on Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:03 pm

Are you guys on DSL?

Even if you are, I suppose it could be worth a shot, but I would understand...

BLAH.

As long as you can plug a mixer or a mic into your soundcard, and Ninjam doesn't lag like crazy ("LAG SUX!" I'm bringing back that stupid catchphrase from 1997), then it should work.

Last edited by the raytownian on Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
QUEERBAIT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gordon on Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:06 pm

i'm down.

maybe i can get that figured out by tomorrow?????
gordon
Admin

View user profile http://gordon.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  QUEERBAIT on Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:38 pm

SHA-WING (don't ask me why I've started saying this so much... I haven't even seen Wayne's World in at least a year)...

I actually haven't even tried to set things up myself.... I am going to do so shortly, and then I'll get back here and post a server we can use to try to test shit out whenever you like.

IDK how your setup works, but to be able to hear what's happening, I am probably going to have everything in my mixer going to my computer, with the speakers on + headphones from the mixer, so I can hear myself and everything else happening on the server (I seem to recall that users cannot hear their own input unless they have an amp, PA or headphones somewhere before the soundcard, unless they have their soundcard set up to output the incoming audio).

Trying to figure out the levels was always confusing to me... sometimes I'd be blaring over everyone, other times, I couldn't hear myself at all in the final mix (they always posted an mp3 of the NFFA's afterward, but most of them are gone from the interwebs, and my old computer that has the recordings is still fucked).

From what I remember, there is a relatively-small max user limit, but it's not so small that everyone currently signed up here couldn't get into the server, I don't think...

If this works out well, and people think they'd be interested in doing this semi-regularly, or even just every now and then, I may let John Ingram, the old NFFA host and the person behind Intelligent Machinery know about it (yes, there are TWO Jo(h)n Ingrams in the world--creepy, huh?) and I'll see if he and everyone else that was previously involved would be interested in joining one sometime at a later date.

Originally, the events stopped happening due to lack of interest (at least for the most part, I think), but I am pretty interested in doing it again....... Not that it was really very long ago to begin with, but it only ran, IIRC, for roughly 2 years or something.

Since this is a more people than just myself, I think I am going to go for some kind of set up that's got the most possible sounds without being over-powering or something... I'm not sure how it'll end up sounding, or if this will be a complete waste of time, but it could be funnnnn.

I may even go ahead and record the stream, or at least excerpts (if I can figure out the crap involved with doing it through Ninjam.

In the past, the NFFA's usually went for an hour or so, or until everyone was completely sick of it, so either one sounds good to me, not that it even needs to be the "new NFFA" or some shit, it's just a suggestion.
QUEERBAIT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  what? on Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:54 pm

well im down like a clown(see ray, you dont have the goof-ball market cornered!), the only problem i might have is installing new software, do i need to get something from NINJAM?, i went there yesterday and poked around and saw that they have some kind of interface program, but i can try it, BTW, they have a huge forum, i might have to join just to be a jackass Laughing
what?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QUEERBAIT on Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:00 pm

Well, fuck me with a broom...

I don't even know HOW to set a damn server... Crying or Very sad

I tried the crap on the site, but it makes no sense to my incapable brain... I might have to read those damn forums myself...

BTW, I am far from the biggest goofball in NOIZZZEEZZSE, sadly... It doesn't matter HOW hard I try, SOMEONE always manages to out-jackass me! clown pig bounce alien affraid rendeer rendeer jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor
QUEERBAIT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QUEERBAIT on Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:04 pm

SCHWIIIING, Okay, I think i have it figured out..... I didn't know where to find a serverlist, and I thought I'd have to set it up myself.
QUEERBAIT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  what? on Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:05 pm

well fuck it, im gonna go and try to get setup there and report back, unless im too stupid...
what?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QUEERBAIT on Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:05 pm

what? wrote:well fuck it, im gonna go and try to get setup there and report back, unless im too stupid...

Can't be any more stupid than I am... I think i have it, though.

EDIT: m'kay, here is a server list: http://ninjam.dyndns.org/index-new.php
I am going to nab an empty server or something...

Just paste the whole server name into the "Connect to host" thingy under "Connect", and sign in with whatever name you want, but choose to do so with "Connect anonymously" checked or it'll want some password nonsense I have no idea about... It's really just easier to do it anonymously.
QUEERBAIT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QUEERBAIT on Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:14 pm

M'kay, I'm currently in an empty test server: test.ninjam.com:2600

I haven't gotten any further than that, lol... I think we can manage by just doing noise in random empty test servers or something, haha.
QUEERBAIT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QUEERBAIT on Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:30 pm

Sorry to keep posting every time something happens, but if anyone can get on ninjam and go into that server, let me know if you can hear anything coming from me... Right now I only have a crapped-up bent speak & spell, but this is mainly just meant to be a test.
QUEERBAIT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  what? on Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:33 pm

i will try, let you know when/if i make it on...
what?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gordon on Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:34 pm

it works for a second, but i keep getting disconnected.
gordon
Admin

View user profile http://gordon.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  QUEERBAIT on Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:36 pm

this is very strange... I think losing the connection is typical, but not if it's something that happens continuously...

I'm not sure what to say! But if anyone gets into the test server, be sure your speakers aren't way too loud, just in case I'm loud as fuck and don't realize it, haha.
QUEERBAIT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  what? on Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:40 pm

my comp sucks, i will try again later, but no luck yet, do i need to download something/ what?...
what?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QUEERBAIT on Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:44 pm

Nope, no need to D/L anything but the Ninjam program.

IDK what's up, unless you just can't get on because you're on a DSL connection or something (even then, it seems strange that you can't even get into a server because of that)...
QUEERBAIT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QUEERBAIT on Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:00 pm

I am just going to leave Ninjam open with my sound turned off.

AIM me: Chapel 0f Gh0uls (haha, yeah, that's my sn... Rolling Eyes ) if you want to discuss it or if you're having any difficulties configuring things once/if any of you get it to work for you!
QUEERBAIT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  what? on Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:13 am

well, clearly i suck, did this happen for anyone but ray?, can you just bust in on someone elses sesh and start some wicked feedback?, so many questions, too stupid for answers...
what?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QUEERBAIT on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:10 am

Haha, nothing happened last Saturday... Crying or Very sad

What happened, exactly? I don't understand....................

Also, yes, you can go into any open server and transmit a bunch of feedback... If it pisses them off, they may just mute your incoming stream on their machines, that way they won't hear you, haha.

Also, Ninjam seems to somehow produce internal feedback when the Master Volume at the very top is too high... It's not cool or adjustable, and I don't even know how/why it happens, so I never bothered with it.

I also turn of that obnoxious metronome.
QUEERBAIT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down