Cannibal Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poison Oak

4 posters

Go down

Poison Oak Empty Poison Oak

Post  Raven Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:58 am

Since we moved here I get poison oak like every other month, I have some great oozy spots if I had batteries I would take a picture, today I had to wear long sleeves to cover the tats while I work and the ooze made my shirt hard and sticky it really sucked and was gross. The dog keeps trying to lick it, shouild I let him? IDK? Anyone know if dog slobber cures poison oak? Pretty much the same thing as poison ivy or poison sumac for you people east of the rockies. Fucking sucks, itchy and oozy.
Raven
Raven

Back to top Go down

Poison Oak Empty Re: Poison Oak

Post  crochambeau Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:33 pm

I've heard from several sources that dog licking is a decent cleanse, and that their mouths are cleaner than ours.

However, dogs are pretty proficient at licking their own ass and eating shit, so... YMMV.

Sucks about the poison oak. You do know how to identify it, right?

Watch the fuck out on hot days like today, as it'll sweat and I've heard tell of people being exposed to it without actually making physical contact. Three, four foot berth.. Don't know if that's horseshit.. I've been lucky.
crochambeau
crochambeau

Back to top Go down

Post  gordon Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:41 pm

whenever i get poison ivy/oak i put witch hazel on it. dries that shit up quick.
gordon
gordon
Admin

http://gordon.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:51 pm

Witch Hazel works good.

I have been getting it from my dogs. They run through it then I love on them let them sleep on the bed. I know what it looks like, I know where it is in the yard, I avoid it and I still get it. What I am discovering is that, many men are immune to it. My husband can roll in it and not even break out. I hear this story over and over again. Been wondering why that is? I want immunity!
Raven
Raven

Back to top Go down

Post  gordon Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:07 pm

excessive alcohol consumption, maybe? mosquitoes don't even bite me.
gordon
gordon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  crochambeau Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:02 am

Ah, damn dogs.

Testosterone perhaps?
crochambeau
crochambeau

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:08 pm

crochambeau wrote:
Testosterone perhaps?

That's what I have been thinking too. I don't think anyone has ever done a study to find out. The interesting thing about poison oak is that it has been used in the past as a cure for incontinence. You can drink it as a tea.
Raven
Raven

Back to top Go down

Post  what? Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:43 pm

Raven wrote:You can drink it as a tea.

right, then you start itching on the inside and have to scratch your guts out...crazy bitch is trying to kill us...
what?
what?

Back to top Go down

Post  gordon Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:44 pm

Raven wrote: The interesting thing about poison oak is that it has been used in the past as a cure for incontinence. You can drink it as a tea.

that is kind of messed up.
gordon
gordon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:33 am

Fuck I just got rid of the last stuff and I got it again, this time on my face. Nothing more attractive on a woman than oozing scabbing facial sores.
Raven
Raven

Back to top Go down

Post  gordon Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:55 am

no joke!!
gordon
gordon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:11 pm

Well I broke down and bought the soap that dries that shit up. Little spots keep popping up here and there though. Its almost gone again, but I figure I probably have one to two more times of getting it this year. More and More I hear of men who are uneffected. Seems some men get it but most do not. I believe the testosterone hypothsis may be correct. The dogs aren't suppose to get it, but sometimes times I wonder about the dogs, I have with weaker immune systems. Then tend to be itchy at this time of year and its not fleas.
Raven
Raven

Back to top Go down

Post  gordon Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:33 pm

it could just be that they are sweaty, or allergic to pollen, i dunno. my dog is always itchy but she does not have fleas. i suspect dust mites.
gordon
gordon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum